Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Kerry to Rush: You're fat!

Clearly angry that people were actually paying attention to what was coming out of his mouth, Senator John Kerry has momentarily stopped tossing insults at the U.S. Armed Forces and has taken to insulting Americans who have a few extra pounds around the midsection:

"I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did," Kerry said. "I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me."

Was the "doughy" comment needed, Senator Kerry? If you disagree with what he says, does it matter whether he's tall and slim or short and round?

This may sound trivial and, given that I am more or less right about where I should be when I step on the scale, might not be my fight, but the comment was clearly meant to insult Limbaugh by making fun of his weight. Isn't this the sort of thing that parents try to teach their children not to do?

One would think that Mr. Kerry would be able to debate Rush without resorting to childish insults. But since Kerry's comments about the military are indefensible, I guess insults are all he has.

More on all this here and here.

Comments:
great input ..ad hominem is his specialty!..I will link up to this.:)
 
I think Kerry was throwing a bone to the "sensitive and tolerant" crowd with that "doughy" comment. You know, the ones who don't tolerate people smoking, drinking, or eating foie gras...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?